• October 3Book Fair October 15-18

• October 2School Closed October 3 for Teacher In-service

Student Council Update

The 2018/2019 student council has accomplished many things throughout the school year so far. The first event that took place was the annual Halloween party on October 31st. It was ran by student council and all middle school students could attend. At the Halloween party, there were many activities that the students could participate in. For example, there was a face paint station, corn-hole, the ring drop game, and many more. There was plenty of snacks provided by the student council advisers. Students had a choice to wear their costumes. They could make a decorative pumpkin to win a prize. In addition, the student council took a trip to the Brookdale Nursing Home on Halloween.  Everyone dressed festively in costumes and entertained the senior citizens with fun games and activities. Through the month of December, there were many Christmas themed functions that student council helped plan. On December 6, the RMS Silver and Gold Christmas dance was held. There were many refreshments as well as a cupcake decorating station. With this, there was a photo booth and fun games for the students. On December 21st, the last day before break, the student council set up an Ugly Sweater Contest for the students and teachers to participate in. There was one winner from each grade who received a prize for wearing the most merry sweater. Student council has many more exciting events planned for the rest of the school year.