5 Good books for Middle school Students

There are a lot of books out there. and sometimes it can be hard to find good ages appropriate book for Middle school students. So here are 5 Good Books for Middle School Students in no particular order.

1. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson: This book is a great choice for any middle school students who want to get into books with mature topics. this book is about a freshmen named Melinda Sordino who is hated by her piers because she called the cops at a party over the summer. Melinda will need to speak up about the party and what happened. the book was published in 1999
  2. Smile By Raina Telgemeier: Smile is a Graphic novel a book in the comic style. it’s s good choice for Middle school students who still want to read with pictures. this book is about the author Raina Telling her story about Losing a two front teeth in 6th grade after falling after a girl scout meeting. Raina tells her story of losing two teeth, getting braces and losing friendships it really a wild ride. The book was published February 1, 2010
  3. Wonder by R.J. Palacio: Wonder is a book that can teach kids that people can be different and that’s okay which is important to learn in middle school. the boom is about a kid and august or Auggie who has Treacher Collins Syndrome which makes his face deformed. so he get bully at school for being different. Aggie needs to learn to be proud of his differences and learn to see them like a gift instead of a curse.  the book was published February 14, 2012
  4.  Dream Jumper Vol 1 By Greg Grunberg: this is another really good graphic novel that I recommend a lot more then Smile for people who like more action packed type stories. it’s about a kid named Ben who is constantly getting nightmares. put can also go into other people dreams to help people turn there dreams from good to bad. Ben also find out that monsters are keeping kids asleep in nightmares and they don’t wake up. Ben has to help those children break free and help them wake up. the book was published June 28, 2016
  5. Diary of a Wimpy kid Series by Jeff Kinney: i could not pinpoint one good book From this series because they are all really good for middle school students. The books are about a student named Greg Heffley  Writing in a journal his mom got him that says Diary on it. he write about his life as a teenager and the situations he gets himself into. the first book was published October 12 2009.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    My Final Thoughts: all of these books are good in there own ways and they all got me though my middle school years. i’m really excited for new books to come out for middle school kids in the years to come.